Privacy notice on the Processing of Software Developers' Personal Data
This privacy notice has been prepared to inform you about how your personal data will be processed within the scope of the services we offer through the Remote Tech Work Platform ("Platform").
Your personal data; in accordance with the Law No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data ("Law"), will be processed by RTW Bilişim ve Danışmanlık Anonim Şirketi ("RTW") within the scope described below.
Purpose and Legal Basis of Processing Personal Data
Your collected personal data will be processed within the scope of the conditions and purposes ("Purpose") for processing personal data specified in Article 5 of the Law.
Based on the legal reason that it is necessary for the establishment or performance of a contract:
• Management of the processes necessary for the evaluation and conclusion of your application to the Platform,
• Assessment of your expertise and skills,
• Evaluation of your compliance with RTW's internal procedures and policies,
• Management of your inclusion processes on the Platform,
• Provision of services related to or through the Platform,
Based on the legal reason of being explicitly stipulated by laws and being mandatory for the data controller to fulfill its legal obligations;
• Fulfillment of official institution requests,
• Providing information to authorized organizations due to legislation,
• Ensuring compliance with storage obligations specified in the legislation,
• Responding to applications from the relevant persons in accordance with legislation and carrying out the necessary procedures,
Based on the legal reason of being mandatory for the establishment, use, or protection of a right;
• Storing personal data for the purpose of serving as evidence in potential future disputes throughout the general statute of limitations,
• Receipt, evaluation, and conclusion of your requests and complaints,
Based on the legal reason of being mandatory for the legitimate interests of the data controller, provided that it does not harm the fundamental rights and freedoms of the relevant person;
• Management of the Platform, services, and communications within the scope of the Platform,
• Conducting necessary work to improve the services offered through or related to the Platform,
• Execution of career development processes in accordance with your areas of expertise and skills within the scope of services offered through or related to the Platform,
• Execution of internal and external training activities,
• Ensuring the security of the Platform and services,
• Execution of business continuity activities,
• Execution of strategic planning activities,
• Execution of processes related to the promotion of our services and making announcements,
• Designing and conducting communication activities,
• Creation and transmission of potential job opportunity proposals in accordance with your areas of expertise and skills within the scope of services offered through or related to the Platform,
• Execution of satisfaction measurement and analysis studies related to the Platform.
In the presence of your explicit consent;
• Processing your identity, contact, professional experience, and other personal data that you have shared during your application to the Platform for the purposes of conducting marketing processes for Platform services, including profiling and analysis activities, and for customizing, proposing, and promoting the services according to your areas of expertise and abilities,
• Processing your identity and contact data for the purpose of sending you advertisements, promotions, campaigns, and similar commercial electronic messages to the contact information you have shared with us.
Who Can Your Processed Personal Data Be Transferred To and For What Purposes
Your collected personal data; within the scope of legitimate interests mentioned in the aforementioned Purposes, to our suppliers and business partners we get service from; to the customer for whom you provide service or will provide service within the context of contract performance; to legally authorized public institutions and legally authorized private individuals within the scope of fulfilling our legal obligations; with your explicit consent, it will be transferred to:
• Amazon Web Services, Inc., the service provider of the AWS platform and Microsoft Corporation used for the purpose of executing your inclusion processes in the Platform and located abroad, using your identity, contact, professional experience, and other personal data you have shared during your application to the Platform,
• Coderbyte Enterprise Inc. and TestGorilla BV, the service providers of the Coderbyte and TestGorilla platforms used for the purpose of measuring your technical skills and located abroad, using your identity, contact, professional experience, and other personal data you have shared during your application to the Platform,
• Zapier Inc., the service provider of the Zapier application used for the purpose of keeping your information on the Platform accurate and up-to-date and located abroad, using your identity, contact, professional experience, and other personal data you have shared during your application to the Platform,
• Amazon Web Services, Inc. and Slack Technologies Limited and The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a Mailchimp the service providers of the hosting and communication products used for the purpose of managing the Platform, the services within the scope of the Platform, and the communications, and located abroad, using your identity, contact, and other personal data you have shared during your registration or use of the Platform.
• We partner with Microsoft Clarity and Microsoft Advertising to capture how you use and interact with our website through behavioral metrics, heatmaps, and session replay to improve and market our products/services. Website usage data is captured using first and third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to determine the popularity of products/services and online activity. Additionally, we use this information for site optimization, fraud/security purposes, and advertising. For more information about how Microsoft collects and uses your data, visit the Microsoft Privacy Statement."
The transfer will be carried out in accordance with the rules related to the transfer of personal data specified in Articles 8 and 9 of the Law, within the scope of data processing conditions regulated in Article 5 of the Law.
Method of Personal Data Collection
Your personal data is collected in electronic environments via the websites https://remotetech.work and https://developers.remotetech.work online forms, telephone conversations, and email channels. In the physical environment, it is collected during face-to-face meetings and visits. Should it be relevant, your personal data may also be obtained through our partner with whom you are serving.
Rights of the Data Subject under Article 11 of the Law
We inform you that, in accordance with Article 11 of the Law, you have the following rights concerning your personal data:
• To learn whether your personal data is being processed,
• To request information if your personal data has been processed,
• To learn the purpose of processing your personal data and whether your personal data is being used in accordance with this purpose,
• To know the third parties, either domestic or foreign, to whom your personal data has been transferred,
• To request the correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurately processed,
• To request the deletion or destruction of your personal data within the framework of the conditions stipulated in the relevant legislation,
• To request that the correction, deletion, or destruction processes be notified to third parties to whom your personal data has been transferred,
• To object to any unfavorable result that arises due to the analysis of your processed personal data exclusively through automated systems,
• To request compensation for damages incurred due to the unlawful processing of your personal data.
Regarding the rights mentioned above, if you submit your requests by filling out the Data Subject Application Form, which you can access at Application Form for the Data Subject RTW will resolve the request as soon as possible and within a maximum of thirty days, free of charge. However, if the process involves additional costs, a fee determined by the Personal Data Protection Board will be charged by RTW.